Who We Are
Your Residents’ Association committee comprises of 11-13 Totteridge residents who meet approximately once a month to discuss and consider matters that affect Totteridge and its residents.
Representatives of local council and the police also attend monthly meetings.
Committee members are volunteers who also attend further meetings on behalf of Totteridge such as:
- FORAB (the Federation of Residents’ Associations of Barnet);
- CAP (Crime Area Prevention)
- CAAC (Conservation Area Advisory Committee.)
- Where possible, members will also speak at Planning Consultations on behalf of or in support of residents on request
Eileen Eskenzi MBE JP
Paul Davis LL.B MBE
The Rev. Tim Seago
Kerin Conn BA
Michael Lim BSc ACA
Barbara Wishart BSc
Capt Alexander Masson BA Hons
Aviva Bard BSc Hons
Dr Christine Riley MBBS
Michael Caro BA LL.B LL.M
What We Do
To Protect, preserve and improve the amenities enjoyed by its members the Totteridge ward area.
Category Heading Planning Matters
- Views planning applications submitted to Barnet Council
- Endeavour to balance the interests of those wishing to commence new projects with those residents who consider that they or the area may be adversely affected by the proposed plans.
Traffic Issues and Road Safety
- Regularly review matters of road safety and increasing traffic along the length of Totteridge lane and other roads in the area (with the assistance of our ward Councillors)
- Keep up to date with issues affecting residents with regard to local schools and hospitals.
- Discuss the protection of Totteridge green spaces (with our local Councillors) in particular relating to Darlands;
- Keep up to date with legislation regarding Greenbelt development.
- Oppose applications for planning permission for developments which would harm residents’ amenities.
- Support and assist residents at planning meetings.
- Discuss matters concerning residents with local Councillors on all issues including noise, graffiti, parking etc.
- Maintain a presence at local Totteridge events including the Totteridge Horticultural Show and St Andrews’ School summer and Christmas Fetes
- Regularly meet with local police to discuss security and safety within the Totteridge Ward.
Road and Traffic Matters
With the assistance of our local councillors, your committee pushed for and obtained:
- The new 15 minute free parking bays in Totteridge Lane where parking is now permitted for 15 minutes free of charge in the 2 loading bays just beyond Lipkin Chemist and in the bays located just before the bus stop outside Station Parade between the hours of 09:00 and 17:30.
- New road markings and road signs around the War Memorial which have improved the accident record in the area.
- Your committee is discussing with Barnet Council the improvement of the road markings at the entrance and exit from Totteridge Waitrose to prevent further accidents at this black spot.
The future of Darlands and its continued protection is an issue close to the heart of the Association. We are constantly monitoring its status in conjunction with the Totteridge Manor Association and Barnet Council to ensure that this beautiful area remains protected and well maintained